Friday, January 11, 2013

just keep swimming, it's harder than you think.. or is it?

in this hurricane, so much is blowing about
there's so much pain and heartache, i can't help but doubt.
the water's rising fast, and my float is not inflated
this life is turning out to be way too complicated
i'll be completely honest, please try to understand
growing up i never thought CF would have the upper hand
i hate that i am boring now, my life revolves around my disease
all my conversations consist of sats and PFTS
i'm trying my hardest, but i can't help but look to the past
i just didnt know my healthy years would dissolve so fast
i watch as my friends graduate, move out and find their heart
meanwhile im just waiting for my life to restart
i havent admitted this, so please be gentle with me
but there's a lot of feelings and thoughts in my head,
that i don't let you see.
so here i am about to drown, struggling my hardest just to swim
and then my sweet Jesus reminds me, all i have to do is look at Him.
He knows the storm I'm in, and knows I easily forget
that His plans don't stop here, he's not done with me yet
He won't leave me or forsake me, He holds my hand when I'm scared
And every time I focus on him, this heart somehow gets repaired
The sweet name of Jesus brings peace to my mind
Suddenly it's ok to leave the past behind
Every doubt i have, every concern, every worry
God addresses directly, and they vanish in a hurry
Sometimes I close my eyes in fear, i hold them shut so tight
I forget if I just open them, my life is flooded with His light
You see, it wasn't until Peter took his eyes off Jesus, that he began to sink
So maybe staying afloat is a lot simpler than I think.


I can do my than stay afloat because God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment