Friday, February 1, 2013

Snow

God never forsakes me, he's cared about me from the start
He tends to all my needs, he cares about my heart
But sometimes that heart forgets what my mind does know
My Faithful God always reminds me, but who thought he would use snow?

It's hard for me to picture a beauty I can't behold
The magnificence of God doesn't fit in any mold
But sometimes little glimpses will peek through and show
He reveals his beauty subtley, but who thought he would use snow?

The love of God is so deep I can not understand
For us his head was crowned with thorns, nails pierced through his hands
This redemption is hard to grasp, but how he helps me so
For His blood removed my stains, He made me white as snow.

Jesus was a like a lamb
led to the slaughter without making a sound
That's what I remember
when snow is falling to the ground
And when the ground is painted,
when the night's quiet and still
I see the beauty of snow sparkling,
the beauty of the cross on a hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment