Thursday, August 18, 2011

LOTS of rambling on

It's that time again... time to blog!  And now that I actually have time to blog.. brace yourselves because these might get a little lengthybut maybe not.. we'll see haha.  Anyway.. I'll make this entry a short one.. not because there's not a lot to say... but I'm pretty tired and only have 20 minutes to relax until my next treatments and therapy.  So... basically I'm doing fine in the hospital.  My oxygen beens running a little low, so I'm on oxygen most the day, but I can take it off sometimes.  I've been here for 3 days now, and I don't feel a change in my breathing, but my cough is looser, and I'm not hacking up a lung all the time anymore!  I just wanted to remind everyone that I'm not dying over here.  This wasn't an "o my goodness, she can't breathe! admit her to the hospital!" type situation.  I have been breathing badly, and recently having symptoms that it's getting worse.  I got so used to the way I was breathing, that I didn't realize that I should NOT be breathing like this.  My doctor, however, recognized it right away, and acted on it, which is good.  I am excited to be here because for the past year or so we've been treating my CF infections and I'd get "better" and then just get sick again sometime not too long after. The past few weeks, though, I've lost weight, and my oxygen has been a little lower than normal.  So, here in the hospital, they reviewed my over-night tube feed regimen, and came to the conclusion that if we changed the regimen, I might benefit more from it.  Who knows, but it's worth a shot! So we're working on that.. and I'm on IV antibiotics for my lungs.. doing therapy 3 times a day... andddd.. just trying to turn this around.  It's been good so far.  The nurse even switched our room the first night we were here, to a room with a beautiful view of the GW bridge and Hudson river. How nice is God?  I'll post a picture on here another time.  Anyway.. God has just been holding on to us, protecting us and guiding us.  But that shouldn't be surprising.  hahaha.  Anyway. I wrote wayyyy more than expected (shocker, I know.).  I'll try to blog tomorrow and tell about how sweet Jesus is, but it's going to be a busyyy day tomorrow, so we'll see.  Anyway, thank you for all your prayers!!

This road isn't a dead end because God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment