Friday, January 13, 2012

me? a farmer?

Hello! So this week lots was going on.  First off, I wasn't feeling well, but let's skip over that part haha.  On to the important stuff - I had pre-transplant testing and meetings.  Now I just want to make this as clear as possible -- my lungs are NOT so bad that I need a transplant NOW, however, they seem to be on the slide in that direction, hence why I'm doing PRE-transplant stuff -- to be prepared if and when that day comes that I do need a transplant.  With that said, the testing I had to do was to determine my "score" -- how badly I need a transplant, and whether I get accepted into the program as a good candidate for lung transplant or not.  The tests were all pretty normal or easy.  It wasn't easy to do pulmonary function tests (did that in November), but it was a normal test.  The ABG wasn't normal for me, but easy -- I just sat there praying while they took blood from my artery.  I also had to get a ct scan and a UGI -- which were both easy and somewhat normal.  What worried me the most was the right heart cath test.  (Warning: if you get queezy easily, don't read this part.)  They insert a cathiter from near your leg area and push it up into your right heart.  My friend Nicole is also getting a lung transplant, but she's ready for hers right now (Pray for her, please!), so she's gone through all the testing already and really helped me out by telling me what it was like.  That REALLY took a lot of pressure off me, and I only felt a little bit worried as the testing date approached.  

Before the day of the right heart cath, I did the UGI and ct scan, and spoke with the financial rep, nutritionist, psychiatrist, and surgeon.  While we were speaking with the surgeon, we were talking about my port, and it came up how I have a "vegetation" on my port.  Remember when I was in the hospital and they thought it was a blood clot?  Praise God it wasn't!  So folks, it turns out I'm a farmer and making vegetations!  haha but apparently my home made vegetation is a little more problematic than we thought.  The surgeon said to absolutely speak with the cardiologist that was going to do the procedure BEFORE they go in.  So... by the grace of God, the people actually called me!  HAHA I didn't even get a chance to call them, God had them call me first!  I told Mario, the man who called (by the way, if you're reading this Mario, which I doubt you are but still.. you have a reallyyyyy nice phone voice!) about the tissue on the port and he reviewed my ct scans and said he'd speak with the cardiologist and call me back.  He called back with his apologies saying the cardiologist has postponed the procedure because they are afraid the procedure would dislodge the vegetation and give me a heart attack, or stroke!  REALLY don't want that!  I was so happy I didn't have to get it done, and God gave me the thoughts of how he took care of me in the hospital with it.  His hands are all over the little farm in my heart and the peace that only comes from God was comforting me. 

It was a little nerve racking to think that I needed to get a test done for the transplant evaluation, and I couldn't because it could kill me.  What do we do?  God thankfully blocked me from thinking that.  All I thought as soon as my mind would venture there was, "He's got it covered."  Thank you, Lord!

My mom was really worried about it, even though she didn't tell us that until today.  Today we met with my transplant pulmonologist, who unfortunately is leaving her position to go into a different field.  She was AWESOME, like for real, and a huge blessing!  Anyway, we met with her today which I had been looking forward to all week haha and when she came in the room, the first things she said were about the right heart cath.  She said that they are wavering that test for me, and that they've done that in the past, because they aren't going to risk my life to get this test done.  THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!  She also said my case is being presented this coming Friday (a week from today)!  Pray for that please! 

We were all relieved that I don't have to do the test, and that it's not a hindrance in moving forward in the transplant stuff.  However, when I do get the transplant (again, not getting it now), they'd like to take the port out the same surgery because it can harbor bacteria from CF, and ya don't want new lungs exposed to that.  BUT if they vegetation is there, they can't take out the port because that would definitely dislodge it.  They said I might need some kind of surgery where they go into the heart and remove it, but that it's a big surgery and they would not do that the same time as the lung transplant.  So.. here's the prayer request prayer warriors -- that HIS will be done!! Of course, I would really like if that means that he dissolves this "vegetation" and that the next time I get a scan to see if it's there, it wouldn't be and the docs would be astonished!  And I know he can do that!  I prayed it wasn't a blood clot, and the next thing I know, it's not!  But... like I said before -- God gave me that comfort that HE's got this.. So if it's His will that He make it disappear, that's what I'll pray for.  If he's got something else in mind, that's what I'll pray for.  Also.. please pray for me to stay strong and faithful in being His servant in this.  Thanks everyone!!

Also, I just have to say how I LOOOVEEE how God lifts me up.  The name of Jesus is powerful!  I was having a miserableeee day yesterday.  Horrible, horrible mood, and not breathing well or feeling well at all.  And in that bad mood, and not feeling well, I slacked on my duty of being his servant.  I was angry at everyone, had road rage (evn though I wasn't the one who was driving haha), etc.  I was so sorry that in this trial, I didn't seek his face, but instead complained and got angry.  And yet, today, he still lifted me up, and helped me remember my priorities and my joy, and still remained my Protector <3 bahhh Jesus <3

Oh!  and how nice is it that this risky clump of tissue on my port actually saved me from having to do the procedure I was scared of?! Is that Romans 8:28 or what?! "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."  BAHH! If THAT's not working everything together for the good, I don't know what is!

Jesus even uses my "vegetations" to help me because God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment