Thursday, November 14, 2013

poemmmmmm


You knit me together to be made to be like you
I'm just a blurry reflection, pretty distorted, too.
But you still love me in all my mistakes
You still heal my heart when I cause my own breaks.
O Lord, how you delight in me.
I love, O Lord, how you fight for me.

I'm growing up but not sure who I am
Sometimes I know the right thing to do, but it's hard to take a stand.
And even when I choose to make the wrong choice,
I can still hear you calling me with your still, quiet voice.

And on those days when I didn't have enough breath to pray,
I didn't say a word, but you stayed by me anyway.
The days got increasingly worse, but you remained my hope
You became my boundary when I started down a slippery slope.

Then it was time for life support, the machines beeping all around
In my distress I cried out for your rescue, and you heard me without sound.
The docs were doing all the could, but lungs they couldn't find
But for my survival, Lord, you kept yourself on my mind.

You didn't let me quit,
Kept my body just strong enough,
And even though I took quite a hit,
Turns out you made me pretty tough.

What was 13 days felt like forever
All the while, we were together
But really, I couldn't handle any more of ecmo and trach,
Please do something!  How much longer would this take?

But then we got the call, and YES was all we could say,
Before we knew it I was being prepped, the lungs were really on their way.
You reminded me of your promises, and how you hold them true.
And now I can finally breathe, and it's all because of You.
O Lord, how you delight in me.


I love, O Lord, how you fight for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment