Saturday, October 29, 2011

Thank you, thank you very much.

So... God is SO nice!  Shocker, right?  haha no but seriously -- I AM BREATHING! :D

We noticed that the xolair injections started to kick in at my last injection 4 weeks ago, but then I got a cold and that set me back a lot.  My doc put me on IVs just for 5 days, and I've gotten 2 more doses of xolair since then (I get one every two weeks) and I am NOT coughing a lot, and I HAVE energy, and I can do stuff!!! It's so awesome!  Yesterday I had a midterm and had to walk up stairs to get to the building it was in.  Normally, I'd be needing oxygen and hardcore choking after that, but I walked up them fine!  I was definitely breathing hard, but I didn't feel like I needed oxygen and I didn't cough!!  Then last night, God was so nice to give me a creative costume idea (baby gaga hahah) and awesome friends (celeste and deej!) to go to a halloween party at a restaurant place in piscataway.  It was so much fun, I won second place, and as we were leaving Celeste goes.. you havent coughed like all night.  ITS SO GREAT!! And today, I didn't have to ask my parents for thousands of favors.  I hate having to ask for soooo many things because I'm too tired or out of breath to do/get things myself.  AND TODAY I DIDNT HAVE TO!!! UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS I WENT AND I'M OK!!!! BAHHH!!! :D  Now obviously, I definitely still have CF hahah and it's still not great.. but boy what a change from it's been!!

Anyway, as I'm enjoying my day and thinking how awesome it is to actually get air when I take a breath, I thought -- did I even thank God yet?  I was just like one of those lepers (idk how to spell that haha)..  Anyway, in the Bible, Jesus heals a group of people suffering from leprosy and only one comes back to thank him.  And I always thought wow, how ungrateful.  But maybe they werent ungrateful..  Maybe they were just human, and in that human-ness, blinded by their own thoughts/ideas.  In other words, they were selfish.  I know this word usually means greedy, or other things, but selfishness is simply thinking of yourself before everything else, even before God.  It's SOOOO easy, I'm finding out, to be so caught up in something, or the possibilities in front of you, that you forget to thank God for the gift right now.  It's like someone gave you a million dollars, and you get so caught up with what you can buy, or invest in, or pay your debt or whatever, that you run away without even thanking the person who gave you the million dollars!  How insane would that be?!  God has given us much more than that --- he's offered and is still offering for those who havent accepted yet, eternal life.  We are all going to live eternally, it just depends where.  Eternity in life --- heaven, with streets of gold, praising God, no sickness or sadness.  Or the alternitive.  Agony, NO relief, pain, loneliness -- hell.  But I just think it's so incredible, and I take it for granted SOOO MUCH that on top of that, which I don't fully understand, God still gives us relief on earth.. I still sin, he still forgives me and blesses me.  And gives me BREATH!! I was praying the other day -- God please I just need relief.  And He brings it.  Relief... that word has never meant so much.  And even things that we consider to be small blessings are great ones.  So, tonight God is reminding me to be like the one leper who came back.  He was thrilled and couldn't wait to go live his life now, but he knew that first, He should thank God.  His priorities were straight.  So now I'm passing that on to whoever reads this.  Yes, God wants us to enjoy and delight in the blessings he gives us!! It gives him joy to give us these things!  But let's joyfully thank him for the gifts.  Don't get swept away in the excitement because the excitement can wait!  And how much greater it will be to thank God first and then be able to celebrate and enjoy your blessings with him!

I can thank God for relief, breath and many blessings because God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment