Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Oh God, you always out-do me.

Quick post because I'm really tired haha and I want to read some Bible before I fall asleep because I know if I don't... I won't end up reading today -- and I've been slacking in that.  Anyway... I have the sweetest Lord ever. 

Today we went back to the doctors for my xolair injection and for the doc to check up on me to see how I am after we changed one of the IV antibiotics in hopes that I would improve more quickly.  And I am!  I am basically off of oxygen, except for when I sleep, do therapy and walk around a lot/exercise.  AND I'm definitely feeling better than I was last week.  Not 100% but definitely better.  So I go in to the office and right away everyone notices that I'm better because apparently I look better too... (and I thought I was hot before.. hahaha just kidding!) I go into to PFT (pulmonary function test) room, they weigh me -- 99.6!  Praise God!  I was 99.6, then got sick and went to 99 and now I'm back at 99.6! Then we did the PFTs...

The last PFT I did was on Friday and all three tests (you do the test 3 times) came out at 24% lung function.  Today, my first test was 28%!  I was happy!  But I still had 2 more tests.  The doctors assistant - Victoria (LOVE her!) - was encouraging me to get to 30%.  Test number 2 : 29%!  YAY!  I took a short break and then we did test number 3 -- as I was breathing out as hard as I could -- a minor thought.. not even like a dedicated prayer -- just God help me get 30 -- flashed into my mind as quickly as it flashed back out.  Seriously.. it wasn't even like a second on my brain.  I finished, sat down and was at thirty...one percent!  HAHAH 31!!!!  I barely even asked for 30 but God gave me 31 -- and it was just such a great reminded that what we think is GREAT is so miniscule to God -- what HE has in store for us is more than we can think of -- and certainly more than we ask for. 

I've asked for so many things.. and sometimes it's according to God's plan and sometimes He says not yet or no because it's not lined up with His will.  But it was such a nice reminder today that I serve a God who always one ups me.  I pray for a blessing, but he gives me more.  I prayed for 30.. He gave me 31.

I am breathing at 31% lung function because God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment