Saturday, July 21, 2012

Anyone down for a game of Guess Who?

Hellloooo!  So.. God is awesome -- shocker. lol lately, when I get sad or anxious, or whatever, I ask God to remind me who I am.  I have accepted the salvation offered to me through Jesus Christ's blood and I am now a child of God.  I am protected in the shadow of His wings, and I can trust His plans for my life.  It sounds wonderful, and on a day when I'm really feeling pumped for Christ, it's like YEAHHH BABBYY!!! But in those moments when I'm on the edge of despair - it feels like I'm too weak to fight back.  That's a lie from the devil - and I know it is -- which is why I ask for God to remind me who I am .. I am not a little weakling -- because my Daddy is STRONG and I am his!  Have you ever noticed how character traits are passed down to children?  If a father is a die hard mechanic -- his kids usually know a lot about cars.. or ever see a reallyyyy tall guy?  his kids are usually not shorties..  anyway -- the point I'm making is that God created us in HIS image -- and He certainly isn't one to give way to satan -- He doesn't cower under satan's attacks or temptations or lies.  He stands strong - which is what He's called us to do -- the Bible says to put on the full armor of God!  How awesome!  And although no weapon formed against the followers of Jesus will prosper (Isaiah 54:17), God still equips us with weapons!  The full armor of humanly warfare?  NOPE!  The armor of GOD!  (Ephesians 6:10-18) .  It really is amazing that we have access to that.  But... satan didn't just start his carreer in deceiving yesterday.. so he's pretty well versed at what he does -- and back to those moments when I'm overwhelmed -- he makes me feel like there is no possible way I am strong enough to suit up.  Picture a knight and all the armor they wear.. and then picture little ol' me, trying to even stand up wearing all that!  No way.  And that's the image I get in my head - just what the devil wants, and opposite of what God wants/the truth.  See, the truth is, God's armor IS NOT too heavy for me to carry - in fact if it were a physical outfit -- it'd be manufactured out of those "easy to breathe" fabrics.  But there's more, because of God doesn't give minimally, but abundantly -- so despite the truth that His armor is NOT to heavy for me, He knows that I'm being deceived and believing that it is -- so He offers to help me suit up, to help me stand up, and to lift the "heavy weight".  How nice!  But here's where he really struck me yesterday....

I am totally prideful and selfish -- I would definitely say those are the two sins that I unfortunately lose to the most often.  (God's helping me though!)  Anyway, I tend to make everythingggg about me somehow - without even realizing!  Including asking God for strength in times of need.  I tend to try to do things out of my own strength instead of God's.  "Lord, remind me who I am" -- yes, it is good to be reminded of who you are IN CHRIST, but last night God reminded me of something else too..

"Lord, remind me who I am" is not nearlyyyyy as powerful as "Lord, remind me who YOU are."  Praise God that He is the one who walked on water, and calmed the seas.  That He is maker of the universe, that He breathed the stars into existance, and that He is the creator of alllll the things we know, and sooo much more we haven't even discovered.  And most of all.. that He is who He knows himself to be -- not just who we think he is .. In other words, we are limited in our comprehension, so therefore we limit God.  We often put Him inside a box, or doubt, but even if we don't do that -- our brains can only understand so much .. and God defies the limits of our brains.  LOVE IT!

So.. when you're having a bad day, tired, sick, feel like crying, or just feel weak or overwhelmed -- ask God to help you remember who you are in Him - worth His life - but more so, ask God to help you remember who He is for you.

P.S. if you guys get a chance, youtube "I AM" by Mark Schultz -- that's the song God used to remind me of just a few things about Himself.

God graciously reminds me who He is because God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment