Tuesday, July 10, 2012

a stroll down memory lane

Hello all!  Just a heads up -- this post is really more for me than it is for you lol I'm hoping God can still use it for you, of course!  But I was chatting with a friend, and telling them stories about how awesome God has been.. and so i just wanted to type some to remind myself how sweet Jesus is to me.  I know some are more vague than others .. but they hold significance to me no matter how short the sentence lol -- if you want to hear details .. feel free to message me cause that's what I'm called to do -- share the goodness of God!  (I just didnt wan't to force my details on ya!  After all.. I can talk quiteeee a bit! haha)  Anyway.. God is the nicest :]


Dear God,
Remember when...

... you heard my heart's cry for independence and answered by placing a CF specialty hospital right down the road from the hotel I was going to stay at during a road trip with a friend?  That was the only reason I was allowed to go, and you planned for it before I even started planning the trip.. probably before I was even old enough to talk.

... you turned my life-threatening, port disabling, big surprise upset, blood clot into a non-threatening vegetation?

... you put your hand on mine, and held in my fragile, flimsy IV long enough until they deemed it ok to come out? 

... and you not only held it in, but eased the pain during infusion.  I cried out to you, and you heard me.

... you brought me safely to Ohio, and amazed all the doctors, nurses, and myself with the surgery, and how quickly you recovered me?

... you gave wisdom to the one nurse on my team to start me on flu medication even when all the other doctors said that it wasn't the flu?

... it was the flu and you had already smoothed my pathway to recovery by starting me early on the meds?

...  you filled my lungs and let me sing praises to your sweet name like never before?  That was so awesome!

... I was scared to be knocked out, and called your name right before the drugs hit me and just as you promised in the Psalms, held my high?

... you surrounded me with nurses who were believers?

... you gave me praise music to recover to?

... I was upset and stubborn, not wanting to get my port, and scared of it.  And you reminded me who I am?  you made me remember that "you make me wanna be brave"?

... when I sinned against you and you forgave me?

... you sat with me in my bad mood?

... you let me cry to you?

... I didn't want to talk, so you sat with me quietly?

... you reminded me that you're going to make me run without growing wearing, and walk without fainting.. literally. (Isaiah 40:31)

... I was having a terribleeee day at work, and you played my favorite song on the CD player?

... you died for me even when I didn't love you?

Thank You, Saviour!

I have a God who cares about every little (and big!) detail and takes care of them because God is love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment