Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sunday Night: The eclipse

So... I'm only going to share one story in this post because I want to get it out before I forget but I'm really tired and lazy today lol.  Anyway, Sunday my mom and I were planning on going to my sister's house.  I was going to skip church and go, and my mom was going to go to church and meet me there.  However, schedules got busy and my mom decided to just miss church and go in the same car with me.  We went, and thank you God, had SUCH a great day!  I haven't been feeling great, but Sunday I barely coughed while I was there!  AND we went in the pool - which by the way was 91 degrees! AND how it fills my heart to hear little Juju crack up and say "AMPTIE EM! how do you do that?!" (i was floating on my back and apparently that's just the funniest thing!) Anyway, after a wonderful day, it was time to go.  My mom and I hopped in my car and left.. but didn't get far.  God's grace, on the other hand, extended far beyond my belief.

As I'm on the parkway right before the bridge I was merging into the second lane.  (Like, I was in the 3rd lane on the right, and wanted to get to the second lane that's close to the left.)  As I'm attempting to make my move, I feel my car die.  You know that feeling when your car just loses power?  Yep.  I look at my speed and altho my foots all the way down trying to accelerate, I was losing speed.  This all happened so quickly.  But I can at least now say that I am a true Gorsky - quick Gorsky trivia: when something BAD is happening, my mom and dad's voices and attitudes get OVERLY calm lol -- but back to the story -- As soon as I realized what was happening I said "Mom, my car died" and she said "WHAT!" And I said "I have no gas" meaning I couldn't accelerate.  She said "Get to the left shoulder!!" which is what I was trying to do - but before she even finished the sentence, my power steering died too.  Now I know it is possible to drive without power steering -- but considering I have trouble opening doors and jars, for me to power steer would REALLY be the strength of Jesus! (No, that didn't happen. lol) I couldn't control the car anymore, and we were still at 50mph, with other cars whizzzinggg on both sides of us a lot faster than that.  Some person who I could have words for, but choose not to lol decided to speed up right when I was trying to get across the left lane to the left shoulder and we almost hit him... ALMOST.  We made it the left shoulder, and called the police.  I wasn't scared.  I wasn't frustrated.  I wasn't upset in the least.  God's peace. 

My mom called the police and they said they'd send a tow - and JUST FYI in case you ever break down on the parkway -- it's a restricted driving area -- which means GEICO, or whatver insurance you have can't send out their guys to get you -- the state is contracted with specific towing companies to come get you and insurances will reimburse up to the closest dealership of your car -- but anyway -- they said the tow would be there in 30 minutes.  Not even 5 minutes after that, a state officer pulls up on my side from prkway south, and asks if we broke down.  I said yes, and he said I'll swing around that side.  So he does, asks what happens and we told him everything, including the tow was coming in 30.  He says let me just check on that for ya.  He goes back to his car, comes back and says yea, the tows on its way.  Before he even gets back to his car -- the tow truck was there!  We found out the miles the insurance would reimburse for was 5 miles.  It was 6.1 miles to our house.  So close and yet so far.. and SO expensive! But we has such a nice tow guy, he called his boss and they brought us to our house without the additional cost!

There is SOOO much to be thankful for.  And all I can keep thinking is .."I am unaware of the afflictions eclipsed by mercy".  The Bible makes it clear that there is ACTUAL warfare going on.  In Daniel an angel speaks of actual warfare with spirits.  Now I know I've probably read and watched one too many spiritual warfare fictions, but have any of you read "This Present Darkness" by Frank Peretti?  (If you haven't.. I SERIOUSLY reccommend it! That's actually the book that got me into reading!)  Anyway, not to give it away but at one point in the book, theres a woman who is the enemie's (the Devil) target, and she's driving.  And there are angels fighting spirits, and other angels surrounding the car, guiding the car, and protecting her.  And that's what came to my mind -- I had no control over that car, and if it had been angled slightly a different way, we would have hit the car in the left lane. 

There are SO many possibilities of what COULD have happened, but there's only ONE answer of what DID happen - my afflictions were eclipsed by mercy. -- I was shielded.

BAHHH and that is so like Jesus to be sweet and gentle to us, and strong and protective for us.

I was and am protected because God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment