Monday, September 9, 2013

Moments and miles

We will continue with specific transplant stories after these short messages.

So I was listening to "Not for a Moment" by Meredith Andrews.. and that is basically the soundtrack for my life... well one of the soundtracks at least. 

I was thinking of all the ways God blessed and brought me through transplant (or at least trying to.. there's so much He did that I can't remember everything!  Add that to the stuff I don't even know about.. WOW) and it occurred to me...

"You were singing in the dark, whispering Your promise even when I could not hear."
That basically describes transplant.. hahah this would have been good in my last post -- about God holding onto me even when I wasn't holding on back. I love it.. I love that God keeps knocking and persuing us even when we don't respond.  He knows our hearts and He knows what will bring us joy.  (If you haven't responded to his knocking yet, do it!  Trust me.. it's a lot better to do it sooner rather than later.)

"I was held in Your arms, carried for a thousand miles to show not for a moment will You forsake me."
I have been battling cystic fibrosis my entire life -- 23 (almost 24!) years. There was sooooo much that led up to transplant. It wasn't just these past months, but 23 years and 11 months worth of God holding me in his arms, not for even a moment forsaking me.

I did not like my pre-transplant hospital experience at all.  I keep using the word traumatizing when I talk about it.  But God gave me the victory over that!  Now I can stand here and say (or technically at this moment, sit here and type :P) that He carried me the thousand miles, and I hope that it does show everyone that not for a moment will God forsake his children.  "Even in the dark, even when it's hard, You will never leave."  It may be hard.  Maybe the hardest thing you've ever done (I know mine was).. but He never left, and He's not leaving now (or ever).  And when you come out of whatever you're going through, (and you ARE going THROUGH.. not staying there) praise Him!  I loved what someone said to me -- That God and I have a history.. and this was just going to be added to our memories of all the things He brought me through, and all our time together.  Think about it.. Having a history with someone usually means a stronger, more in depth relationship with them.  Who do you have more of a history with than the One who formed your head and counted your hairs, molded your hands and feet, and to this day pumps every beat of your heart?  If you answered "no one" then BING BING BING you are correct!  

I know this is short (well shorter than usual), random and a little blabby..but I like it. (wait, did I just describe myself? no wonder I like it :P) 

What are some of yours and God's miles together?  If you ask Him to help you think of some, no doubt your heart will be filled.

I have 23 years and 11 months worth of miles and victories with Jesus because God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment