Tuesday, February 22, 2011

One "Flu" Over The CooCoo's Nest

Ohhh boy, where to begin?  Well, we left off that I felt like I had a head cold.  Friday night I slept terribly.  I kept waking up at least every hour from coughing, but I had a headache and felt dizzyish, too.  Saturday morning I woke up REALLY not feeling well.  I was soo cold, which is really abnormal for.  I had a shirt and sweatshirt on, and I was burried underneath the covers of the bed, shivering.  We take my temp to find out it's 104.5F and my oxygen dropped to 88%. Oy!  My mom called the hospital, and my dad loaded the car, and we were off to the E.R.  Walking to the elevator, my mom even had to hold on to me because I was so out of it.  I wasn't dizzy like the room was spinning; more like I couldn't focus and I couldn't balance.  So anyway, we get to the E.R. and they start taking care of me right away.  I really can't tell you much that happened because I was so out of it, and my body was like so tired, I just slept like the whole time.  Thank God for the blessing of my parents to take care of me and be able to communicate my care with the doctors!  They put the needle in my port and got that all hooked up and it went great, and then they had to do a regular hand IV as well, and for some reason I started feeling really sick again.  You know when you blow up a picture and you can see all the pixels?  That's what everything looked like.  This was the one and only time in my life that I thought I was going to pass out.  Thank Jesus I didn't.  I just closed my eyes and prayed panically hah. So bla bla bla we get admitted and moved to a legit room, I really don't remember a lot haha I slept mostly but a lot of docs came to talk to us.  They were concerned that I either had a blood infection or fungal infection -- both very very serious.  However, one doctor said she thought it might by the flu and started me on the flu meds just as a precaution.  I had to get another catscan and a lot of bloodwork.  PRAISE GOD I HAVE THE FLU!  No fungal infection or blood infection, and no spread of the fungus.  Just the flu.  I just love God.  Earlier that day I had been feeling like ok, the battle is on.  I have to stop being lazy because God will provide the strength I need for what He wants me to do.  Isaiah 40:31 "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.."  And I was praying a lot, and I felt like this really isn't just about me -- this is a battle and I'm a warrior in it.  And God pumped me up for the battle haha but then to hear that it's just the flu.. All I could think of is that yes, we still have to fight, but look how Jesus protects his warriors.  His shield does not go down.  I read this passage from a book last night too. It's based off scripture but isn't scripture itself -- but it said "I am going with you onto the battlefield, and in those times you feel as if there is no fight left inside of you, My Spirit will rise up inside your soul and My strength will become your strength."  It just amazes me that in the aspects I can't fight -- I can't do anything to change the outcome of those tests -- God fights for me. Bahh soo crazy.  I'll blog more later cause this entry is already super long and I'm kind of tired, but a quick update : I don't have the flu really bad -- in fact, I wouldn't have guessed I even had the flu!  God is so awesome!  I don't have to go in for a second procedure! YAAY!  They didn't see any fungus on the cat scan - yaay!  Please keep praying for the progresss of my health, and thank you soo much to everyone who has prayed and encouraged us!! It's amazing to see and soo touching too.  Also pleeasee pray that my parents don't get the flu!

God protects His warriors because God is love.

1 comment: