Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"They will renew their strength, They'll run and not grow tired, walk and not faint."

BAH. So yesterday started off great, but I got my daily 11 AM fever, which knocked me down but only for a little while.  After that, the day was awesome.  We had a music therapist come into our room, and she was more than willing to do worship music!  So we had a half hour worship session which was awesomeee!  How cool to praise God from my hospital bed?!  And she brought up a keyboard that had a drum setting, so my dad "played the drums", the woman played the guitar, and my mom and dad and I all sang.  It was so nice.  And I didn't need to be on oxygen for it.  In fact, during the praising, my oxygen went up to 98% on room air!  Thank you Jesus :]  He loves to hear our songs to Him!  Right after that I had my first physical therapy.  They have like an exercise room to go to, but since I have the flu we weren't sure if I was allowed in there.  So instead, the therapist listed some things I could do in my room, and I picked one.  Want to know what it was?  Play Wii!  I hopped around playing DDR for a half an hour, which by the way I completely stink at.  But it was so much fun!  And it felt so good to breath hard because I was exercising and not just because I was trying to breath.  It was so funny, too, because my surgeon who got the whole ball out, stopped by room as I was playing.  He just stood there giving me this look like, "Don't you have the flu?"  Haha!  It was great.  I got back into my bed and said to my parents "I'm sweating!".  I was so excited.  It's just such a blessing and so nice of God that I can be sweating and breathing heavy from exercise, not just from living.  And it's soo nice of Him to like give me that breath, that when I'm done exercising, my breathing slows and I stop sweating.  I know it must sound crazy, but I went from breathing soo hard just by waking up, sweating and coughing and breathing harder just by walking to my kitchen, to breathing relatively normal (not completely because the CF is still there) but soo much better than I was, and now I can actually play DDR?  It astonishes me.  Then last night I was really concerned about insulins and stuff, because I didn't feel it was being taken care of properly, and God worked out all my insulins, the nightfeed dose rate and everything to give me perfect blood sugar numbers this morning.  BAHH.  He's so good!  Then today, the pulmonary team came in and told us that they think I'm doing pretty well and they don't think the flu will really effect my CF too much.  Praise God!  But just like God, he keeps pouring out blessings.  They said they don't see any reason to do the 2 week IV "tune up" that was being planned, and that we'll see, but they think I can be discharged tomorrow! YAY!  I didn't get a fever today, either!  My dad and I had a movie marathon, but it got slightly interrupted because of therapy... massage therapy.  I almost can't believe how much God is blessing me.  So, got the massage, and then went to physical therapy, because they checked and as long as I wore a mask in the hallway, they could clean the exercise rom after I'd been in it.  So off to the exercise room we went, which by the way was awesome.  They have this huge picture of Boomer Esiason (an famous NFL player whose son has CF) all in uniform, a big flat screen tv, treadmill, and exercycle.  I LOVE the treadmill, so that's what I picked and for a half an hour I walked on the treadmill!  How awesome!! Four days ago I couldn't even breath while I was laying down.. and today I got to walk on the treadmill!  Jesus isn't kidding about his promises.  When he says that He'll renew our strength, and that we will walk and not faint (Isaiah 40:31), he means it, and he was nice enough to show that to me today.  I LOVED it!  God is just soo good.. I did have some pain in my chest afterward, but it's gone now.  Please pray I continue to improve!  And for my patience, and strength because it's still a long road with therapy and lung rebuilding when we get home.  I can't wait to see my little pups, though!  I guess my family & friends too... hehe jk! 

I can walk on a treadmill because God is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment