Monday, February 14, 2011

"til I rest in You.."

Happy Valentine's Day! Today consisted of a lot driving.  It was just too long.  And I'm beginning to get tired of people thinking I'm this walking virus.  I understand where they're coming from because if I heard someone coughing like me, I'd think the same thing.. but it just gets old.  Last night at cracker barrell people were asking, or just kinda looking/staring.. and then today we stopped at a rest stop and people thought I was "getting sick".. I'm kind of just ready to be done with the excessive coughing.  But it's probably just cause I'm so tired and in a mood.  You know when you get tired and then it seems like every little task is like climbing a mountain?  That's kind of where I'm at.  Tomorrow I have a cat scan, and we talk with the anestesthia people and the pulmonologists about the procedure.  We have to be at the hospital at 9am.. that's early for me.  On the bright side, I got to read most of my book today in the car, which I'm really enjoying.  But I'm definitely ready to just like.. have a break from life haha I don't know how to phrase it better than the lyrics to the "Restless" by Audrey Assad -- "I'm restless, so restless, til I rest in You, O God."  What a comforting picture to rest in the arms of God, and I can't wait to finish up my therapy tonight and do just that!  P.S. if you haven't heard that song, look up Audrey Assad on youtube!  Her songs are real blessings! If you want some suggestions I would definitely say Restless, Carry Me, For Love of You, Winter Snow, Everything is Yours, and Known.  P.S.S. I hope everyone had a great valentine's day!

I can love someone on Valentine's Day because God is love.
I can rest peacefully because God is love.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily,
    You're such an amazing person. Everything is going to be fine because God loves you and He is faithful to complete it. You will overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of your testimony, you will overcome!

    Listen to this song. be blessed...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sjYWrpNoCs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving Father, we are offering a prayer before surgery so that Emily may feel Your love & our love. Father, please also bless the doctors for their skill and education & for being able & willing to help at this time.

    Father, Bless the healing after surgery to be rapid and perfect. Bless Emily to return to normal life as soon as possible. We THANK YOU Father for all You have given us & ask for these blessings on all, especially Emily. In Jesus Christ's name. AMEN.

    ReplyDelete